Application of UX / UI concepts result in what is know as the..User Interface or the visible component of any application.It plays an important role in making a user develop a perception of like or dislike for the application.The user perception can be measured in terms of the ROI that the application generated for the business it supports.
For a web portal the User Interface are the content laden pages displayed in a Web browser.For a mobile app the User Interface are the screens displayed on the device.
The User Interface should be designed and implemented in such a way that it can be rendered on any available device type / device size and can be fully functional without any hiccups on any browser type.
Our expert team at KnowledgeOps leverages their design experience and experience in the implementation technologies displayed above such as Adobe PhotoShop , HTML , CSS , JQuery , Angular , BootStrap to provide a seamless trouble free User Experience for the application , be it a web based application or a mobility based one.
So what is UX and UI ?
- User Experience design (UXD or UED) is the process of enhancing customer satisfaction and loyalty by improving the usability, ease of use, and pleasure provided in the interaction between the customer and the product.At the core of UX is ensuring that users find value in what you are providing to them. Peter Morville represents this through his User Experience Honeycomb
He notes that in order for there to be a meaningful and valuable user experience, information must be:
- Useful: Your content should be original and fulfill a need
- Usable: Site must be easy to use
- Desirable: Image, identity, brand, and other design elements are used to evoke emotion and appreciation
- Findable: Content needs to be navigable and locatable onsite and offsite
- Accessible: Content needs to be accessible to people with disabilities
- Credible: Users must trust and believe what you tell them
At KnowledgeOps we incorporate the above points while designing the User Interface of an application. We rely on our experience of user interaction patterns from our past projects , popular theme templates available online, Human Interface guidelines floated by a few vendors and vast array of literature available on this subject.
- User Interface design (UID) is the implementation of the User Experience principles and transforms them into an attractive, guiding and responsive experience for users in the form of Web pages and screens on the mobile devices.A few common design patterns in this space are
- Getting Input: Getting the user to input data is a task that should be tailored to the context of use.
- Navigation: The user needs to locate specific features and content and needs navigation to accomplish this.
- Dealing With Data: Data can be searched, formatted, over viewed, and browsed in a variety of ways.
- Social: Allow the user to associate, communicate, and interact with other people online.
- Onboarding: The user needs to acquire the necessary knowledge, skills, and behaviours to become effective.
- Cognition: Patterns of psychological tendencies that cause the human brain to draw incorrect conclusions.
- Game Mechanics: Games engage, involve, and influence us through its playful nature.
- Perception & Memory: Patterns in how we visually perceive, interpret, and remember meanings as we interact with systems.
- FeedBack: As the users interacts with your system feedback motivate them to take the next step.
At the time of analysing the user requirements we follow the best practices and it is our endeavour the best possible services in this domain to make the best possible first impression on the end user.Keeping ourselves aligned with the trend of making the User Interface responsive we implement the best practices using CSS and front end frameworks to support the business functionality on a wide range of devices.